What is Mina Protocol (MINA) Coin
Mina Protocol is a minimal “succinct blockchain” built to curtail computational requirements in order to run DApps more efficiently. Mina has been described as the world’s lightest blockchain since its size is designed to remain constant despite growth in usage. Furthermore, it remains balanced in terms of security and decentralization. The project was rebranded from Coda Protocol to Mina in October 2020. The Mina network has a size of only 22 KB, which is miniscule when compared to Bitcoin’s 300 GB blockchain.
- Mina is a layer-1 protocol with a succinct blockchain. The current blockchains like Bitcoin and Ethereum store hundreds of gigabytes of data, and their blockchains will only increase in size over time. With Mina, the blockchain always stays the same size – about 22kb (the size of a few tweets), regardless of the growth in usage. This enables users to quickly sync and verify the network, which helps to increase network decentralization and reduce the vulnerability to a 51% attack on the network.
- MINA is the native utility token of the protocol and has the following use cases:
- Staking: Users may run nodes and stake their MINA tokens to help secure the network in return for staking rewards (paid in MINA tokens). Alternatively, users may indirectly stake their tokens by delegating to a third-party staking service. Note that there is a latency period of 2 to 4 weeks before any new delegated staking comes into effect.
- Network transaction fees: Users will pay for network transaction fees (in MINA tokens) for each interaction with Snapps (dApps) on the Mina Network.
- Block production: Block producers are validators that achieve consensus and provide security to the blockchain. They earn block rewards in return for staking MINA tokens and producing new blocks on the blockchain.
- Mina consists of the following major components working in conjunction:
- Ouroboros Samasika: A modified ouroboros proof-of-stake consensus mechanism that maximizes inclusivity in consensus. On Mina, all participants act as full nodes. Anyone can take part in consensus, and help to secure the network.
- Snapps: General purpose SNARK-enabled smart contracts. They are turing complete like other smart contracts, with the additional benefits of privacy and verifiability because they’re built on SNARKs.
- SNARK workers: Snark workers are integral to the Mina network’s health because these nodes are responsible for snarking, or producing SNARK proofs, of transactions in the network. By producing these proofs, snark workers help maintain the succinctness of the Mina blockchain.
- As at August 10th, 2021, the total token supply is 845,109,533, and the circulating supply of MINA is 191,598,454 (about 22.67% of the total token supply).
- Learn more about the token distribution of MINA here.
How To Buy Mina Protocol (MINA) Coin
1.Step: Everyone who is planning to invest in or benefit from the advantages of cryptocurrencies wonders the answer to Where to buy Mina coin question. First, you need an online wallet to buy cryptocurrencies. You need to sign up to Binance exchange from here, which is preferred globally to buy coins and you can buy coins with fiat currencies. You can quickly access many assets and trade types such as altcoins, future markets, and margin by creating a Binance account.
2.Step: Complete your registration by typing an email to the email section or typing your phone number on the section available on the mobile tab. Click/tap on the “Buy Crypto with Your Credit Card” option after the registration and verify your identity.
3.Step: Continue the process by typing the amount you would like to invest and your preferred cryptocurrency. Keep in mind that for security reasons, your credit card/debit cardholder information must match with the name available on your account. If you would like to buy cryptocurrencies with a wire transfer, you need to follow the Buy Crypto > Third-Party Payment options to pick your preferred fiat currency to buy cryptocurrencies.
4.Step: If the cryptocurrency you are planning to buy is not available on the list, buy USDT “You can always redeem 1 USDT Coin for US $1.00”. You can buy any coin you want with USDT by following Buy-Sell > Classic steps. We have provided the answer to How to buy Mina coin, now you can view the cryptocurrencies you bought by clicking on the wallet summary available on your Binance account. You can sell your assets when their value increases, or you can withdraw them to your bank account in desired fiat currency.
How Much is a Mina Protocol (MINA) Coin
Mina Protocol (MINA) coin prices are updated instantly in USD, Euro, Sterling currencies in the following table.
Mina Protocol (MINA) Coin Review
You can learn more about Mina Protocol (MINA) coin reviews and information on cryptocurrencies by visiting their official page available in the following.
Website https://minaprotocol.com/ Whitepaper https://minaprotocol.com/wp-content/uploads/technicalWhitepaper.pdf Github https://github.com/MinaProtocol/mina Medium https://medium.com/@minaprotocol Documentation https://docs.minaprotocol.com/ Telegram https://t.me/minaprotocol Discord https://bit.ly/MinaDiscord