What is Internet Computer (ICP) Coin
Internet Computer (ICP) is the world’s first blockchain that is capable of running at web speed at unrestrictive capacities. Built by the DFINITY Foundation, IC aims to recreate the web by supporting smart contract development at scale and changing the way people can interact using web services. Internet Computer aims to extend the public internet, so that it can be the world’s computing platform, in a decentralized manner. Internet Computer sets to revolutionalize the design of the crypto economy, with an aim to overhaul traditional software services.
The project was founded in October 2016 by Dominic WIllams and have raised a total of $121 million from investors such as Adreessen Horowitz, Polychain Capital, Multicoin Capital and such. On May 10, 2021, DFINITY launched the Internet Computer into the public domain, marking it a major milestone for ICP as it means the internet now functions as a decentralised global computer. This is marked by the release of all of the Internet Computer’s source code into the public domain, as well as ICP utility token that allows tens of thousands of community members to govern the Internet Computer network.
- The Internet Computer is a layer-1 protocol that is developed by the DFINITY Foundation and aims to become ‘a blockchain network that evolves the internet’. This ‘internet computer’ intends to ‘extend the functionality of the public internet so that it can host backend software’ on a smart-contract compatible, distributed network.
- To realize this vision, the ICP strives to innovate on the dimensions of block times, confirmation time and scalability of computing and storage power.
- The main innovation behind the Internet Computer is Chain Key Technology, which encompasses several new technologies including the consensus mechanism, Non-Interactive Distributed Key Generation (NI-DKG), Network Nervous System (NNS), Internet Identity, and more.
- ICP is the native utility token of the Internet Computer, and is used in the following functions:
- Governance: ICP token holders may stake ICP in the Network Nervous System (NNS) to create “Neurons” to vote on governance proposals and earn voting rewards.
- Network transactions: ICP tokens can be dissolved and converted into cycles, which are used to run websites and applications on the network via canisters.
- The protocol consists of the following major components working in conjunction:
- Network Nervous System (NNS): The NNS is the underlying blockchain, which controls the network and allocates computing power provided by the various nodes.
- Nodes: Each node is a sub-network with – in functional order – a (i) P2P layer, (iii) consensus layer, (iii) message routing layer and (iv) execution environment.
- Consensus: Larger consensus among nodes is generally consensus-mechanism agnostic, but always divided into four layers: a notary layer, blockchain layer, random beacon layer and identity layer.
- Neurons: Neurons allow users to stake their ICP utility tokens for voting power on governance proposals. Users earn rewards for voting on proposals. They can also unstake their ICP and convert them into cycles to power computation.
- Cycles: Cycles are the computational resource, i.e., the ‘gas’, required to execute actions on the network.
- Canisters: Every canister consists of WASM code and memory. Unlike in other chains such as Ethereum, cycles are pre-funded in each smart contract or canister.
- Mokoto: A new WebAssembly compiler that is developed by the DFINITY Foundation.
- As at May 10th 2021, the total supply of ICP is 469,213,710 and the current circulating supply is 125,067,597 (～26.65%).
How To Buy Internet Computer (ICP) Coin
1.Step: Everyone who is planning to invest in or benefit from the advantages of cryptocurrencies wonders the answer to Where to buy Icp coin question. First, you need an online wallet to buy cryptocurrencies. You need to sign up to Binance exchange from here, which is preferred globally to buy coins and you can buy coins with fiat currencies. You can quickly access many assets and trade types such as altcoins, future markets, and margin by creating a Binance account.
2.Step: Complete your registration by typing an email to the email section or typing your phone number on the section available on the mobile tab. Click/tap on the “Buy Crypto with Your Credit Card” option after the registration and verify your identity.
3.Step: Continue the process by typing the amount you would like to invest and your preferred cryptocurrency. Keep in mind that for security reasons, your credit card/debit cardholder information must match with the name available on your account. If you would like to buy cryptocurrencies with a wire transfer, you need to follow the Buy Crypto > Third-Party Payment options to pick your preferred fiat currency to buy cryptocurrencies.
4.Step: If the cryptocurrency you are planning to buy is not available on the list, buy USDT “You can always redeem 1 USDT Coin for US $1.00”. You can buy any coin you want with USDT by following Buy-Sell > Classic steps. We have provided the answer to How to buy Internet Computer coin, now you can view the cryptocurrencies you bought by clicking on the wallet summary available on your Binance account. You can sell your assets when their value increases, or you can withdraw them to your bank account in desired fiat currency.
How Much is a Internet Computer (ICP) Coin
Internet Computer (ICP) coin prices are updated instantly in USD, Euro, Sterling currencies in the following table.
Internet Computer (ICP) Coin Review
You can learn more about Internet Computer (ICP) coin reviews and information on cryptocurrencies by visiting their official page available in the following.
Website https://dfinity.org/ Whitepaper https://www.icpnet.com/resources/white-papers Github https://github.com/dfinity Medium https://medium.com/dfinity-network-blog Documentation https://sdk.dfinity.org/docs/quickstart/quickstart-intro.html